Die Dienststellen der Stadtverwaltung sind persönlich nur nach Terminvereinbarung erreichbar. Mehr Informationen. 


At some point in life, each and every one of us faces the loss of a dear member of our family, friend or acquaintance and have to ask ourselves questions like:

  • How do I acquire a Certificate of Death (“Sterbeurkunde”)? Which cemetery suits me best? What are facts to be taken into account?

    All the answers concerning your questions about the topic of death can be obtained from our staff at the Registry Office or the Office of General Services (“städtische Betriebe”) in Minden.

  • Belated notarization of births, marriages or deaths in foreign countries

    If a person has been born, has married or died outside Germany, it is possible to notarize this fact in a follow-up procedure (“Nachbeurkundung”). According to § 36 of the German Law of Personal Registration (“PStG”) it has been possible since January 1st, 2009  to submit a formal application to have this fact included in the German registers of births, of marriages or of deaths, but for this to happen it is necessary that a person is a German citizen or a stateless or homeless foreigner, asylum seeker or foreign refugee.

    The Registry Office of the area or district where the person in question has or had (in case of a Certificate of Death) their habitual residence is the proper authority to consult. Should there be a problem of authority, the Registry Office I in Berlin will notarize the fact in question. The follow-up procedure can be applied for without any time limit.

    The result of this procedure is an entry in the respective register of the Registry Office. This entry is the basis for notarized certificates of any kind.

    Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if there are additional details to be clarified. Please arrange a personal meeting to avoid unnecessary delays

  • © 2016 Stadt Minden

    Bitte wählen Sie Ihre Cookie-Präferenzen.